Saturday, March 26, 2016

There and Back Again

March 2016

I apologize for being remiss in writing. Since last writing, we have moved, though it doesn't much feel like it. Our apartment in Houston, as much as it fits our needs, isn't exactly "home." And, admittedly, it doesn't help that our lives are still pretty divided between College Station and Houston.

Kayley came with us to Houston, but she only lasted a month. Our second-story apartment was not to her liking, nor was the lack of yard, the plethora of other canines in the area, and, ultimately, the change. I loved spending my day taking care of her, walking with her, and working while she napped beside my chair. But she wasn't happy and made herself sick. Now that she's back in CStat, my Bug is much happier, healthier, and spoiled whenever I make it back up. She's a great reason to travel there and back again.


Sky has started with the CPA firm and has spent a vast majority of his time there. As busy season progressed, his hours have gotten longer and later, but he's still enjoying his job (though I can't figure out why). His learning experience is much like taking a drink from a fire hydrant. Regardless of the stress of a new job and busy season expectations, Sky has managed pretty well. We've been able to find moments to spend together, even if it's just walking to pick up the mail. He's most excited to have more free time so that we can hit the beach (such as it is).

The greatest pleasures I've had so far in Houston haven't been in Houston at all. I've gotten to return to College Station for my best friend's bridal shower, Kyle's senior season of soccer (he's captain and the team won District), and Jen's two-week trip home from Japan. When I'm not traveling back a forth, I'm working from "home" and trying to keep myself busy. Too often, however, I'll admit to being supremely lazy.


Well, that's all to report at this time. Time to once again hoist anchor and take off for the next grand adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment