Wednesday, March 4, 2015

A Dallas Safari

March 2015

This is a little late, but I blame that on the fact that I hadn't yet started posting my adventures. Indulge me as I catalog this adventure belatedly.

So Jason had promised me a trip to the zoo for Christmas, and I was more than happy to hold him to that promise. So this February I traveled down to Dallas. Jas and I spent the weekend laughing, teasing, and exploring. 


Jason was a monkey throughout the trip, but the weather was gorgeous and all the animals were performing for us. The tiger took to pacing; the alpha gorilla charged a smaller gorilla; the cheetah frolicked with his canine best friend; a chimpanzee begged . . . okay, that's an understatement. The chimp demanded to be fed by his adoring audience. Jason and I couldn't help but laugh at all the colorful antics.

That's not to say that we didn't bring shenanigans with us, because we certainly did! We sang Lion King's "In the Jungle" in the "secret tunnel" to the African safari. And I paraded around the zoo looking 'bookish' with Jason's faux glasses. 
Some of the greatest adventures are right in your own backyard, and Jason and I took advantage of one this winter. Where will your next adventure be?

No comments:

Post a Comment